Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Your Big Day

This was not the card I set out to make today. Nope. As a matter of fact, it's about the 8th card I've started, and the only one I've completed. I have lots of pretty trash.

I decided to switch gears and do the new MFT Wednesday sketch:


Here's my card, then I'll explain:


And why yes, my light source is coming from the left, why do you ask? ;/

I grabbed my mostly-gone KaiserCraft Chapter One paper pack, and pulled out several remnants to make the banners. I did cut into a new piece for the square in the background. I was kinda bummed that I've used all the blue papers in the pack, so all I have left are blacks and greens. I almost (ALMOST) had a card suitable for a black+white+one other color challenge, but I blew it when I added the blue (hahahaha, I crack myself up) enamel dots, mostly to make up for the used-up blue papers.

Okay, I'm going back in to search for my mojo. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker Stitched Mats Circles dies, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch challenge! Such pretty colors and the enamel dots are a nice accent. Thanks for joining us at MFT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blue dots look great on this card. You should post a photo of your pretty trash someday. If you find your mojo, would you mind asking if it has seen mine around, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see why you say you've lost your mojo. This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked hearing your thought process on how you worked yourself right out of the one challenge. I do that all the time. The challenge calls for a bike so I work on card with a bike and then suddenly decide that it should be a truck instead, so I change it and then realize it's a no-go. Ah... the creative process is so odd.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)