Saturday, April 12, 2014

Crafty Projects, Part Sixth

I'll bet you thought I was done with this silliness, huh? WRONG! I've just been distracted the past few days. Here's another card I made last weekend:


Another iron-off embossing project, and I even learned something with this one. I'd originally stamped the triangle background (from Neat & Tangled), embossed it, colored with Distress inks, ironed off the embossing, then stamped the sentiment. But the sentiment schmeared over the previously embossed spots, and I was sad.

For this one, I stamped the sentiment FIRST, then I embossed the triangle background, colored it, and finally ironed off the embossing. MUCH better.

Oh, the sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays, where I WON THE WHOLE RELEASE! I was so stoked. :)

I'll be back soon to bore you with another project from last weekend. I'm still not unpacked enough to stamp anything new. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Neat & Tangled Diamonds stamp, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release win, so much new stuff to play with, yea! Thank for the tip to start with the sentiment. By the way I loooove the look of thisone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Congratulations on your win! This card is beautiful - I still haven't tried the iron off thing. I think I have some white embossed pieces I can try it out on - now where did I leave that iron?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironing? Isn't that a thing? You know, that housewifey people do?

    Actually isn't that ironing thing called faux bautix? It makes for a nifty looking card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)