Monday, April 21, 2014

Late To The Party

I had every intention of playing along with Virginia's second challenge to use stencils on our projects, but the collection closed on Friday. I missed it by thiiiiiiis much. I do like my card, however, so I'll show it to you anyway.


I mixed some Distress Spun Sugar paint into a bit of Pearlescent embossing paste, then spread it through the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stencil onto a piece of white card stock. It dried not-white and very shimmery. I ended up slicing off just a piece of it to use on my card, behind the die-cut flowers.

I cut three of the flowers, stuck them together for some heft, and colored them with Copics.

At first I thought this would be a sympathy card, but I changed my mind and made it a happy card instead. :)

Here's a look at the shimmer:


Even outside the glare of the light, you can see it shimmers. I really like how it turned out.

I think I need to put up the calendar I bought for my craft room and keep better track of the end dates for these challenges. Not that I need more pressure in my life, but it might be nice to be able to link up once in a while, ya know?

In other news, Bobra likes Spring. There are so many windows in this house at his eye level he wears himself out monitoring the back yard and alerting me to the neighborhood rabbits and robins. Poor dear is sleeping it off now, resting up for the evening shift. What a life.

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. You may have been late to the party, but this card is a show stopper! The diagonal piece anchors the delicate flower perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW oh WOW oh WOW! yes, it's a shame the crafty WORLD didn't get to see this one, it's BEEEEEEEEEEEEeautiufl!!! (yowza missus!)

    ps: bobra & i share the same affliction... this house has SO MANY more windows and there usually seems to be something awesome to see outside most of them! think i might be part cat... that would essplain much... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I thought that striped paper was bought that way. You did a fantabulous job with that stencil and paste.

    Does Bobra chatter at the birds too? My kitties do and it makes me wonder what they are saying. "Come get into my mouth!" "You'd be so good with sauteed mushrooms and wine sauce!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripe you created with your stenciling. It sets off the poppy nicely.

    Glad Bobra is having a happy cat time watching the nature shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you missed the deadline for the V.V. Challenge, Leslie! I love this delightful design. The subtle diagonal background adds so much interest and textures to the design! I hope that you can join the fun soon again (the new one starts on May 1)!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)