Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Road To A Friend's House

As I looked through some recently posted challenges (not that I've done any of the other ones I'd planned to do ...), I came across the current Paper Players' challenge:


CAS + washi tape? Perfect. This is what I made:


I decided to break open some of my washi tape collection that was new and still in the package. I found a pack of Recollections* (moment of silence) tape with these two patterns, and I immediately thought of my A Muse sentiment about the road to a friend's house. Even though I layered the white panel onto black before I mounted it onto the card front, there is A LOT of white space there. I might be itchy.

I couldn't decide if I liked the black tape better above or below the map-ish tape, so I didn't decide; I made one of each. Here's the other one:


Do you have a preference?



I still can't decide, but then I don't have to. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

*Recollections is now known as a Michael's store brand, but it used to be a H U G E scrapbooking store owned by Michael's. Wall-to-wall papers and embellishments to make your heart sing. They didn't have a lot of stamps, but I was in my paper collecting phase, and I kindof wished I could live there. It was second only to getting stranded in a book store in my world. Sadly, Michael's made the decision many years ago to close the Recollections stores. I might have wept. About that time, Michael's redid some of their stores to expand the scrapbook aisles. I like that some of the Recollections products are showing up at Michael's, but it's still not the same. :(

Products used: Recollections washi tape, A Muse sentiment, SU black card stock, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I like the second one better, just because it has more color in the washi tape. That's the perfect sentiment for that design.

    ReplyDelete


  2. I didn't know there were Recollection stores! This is what I learned today! I like the second card best because the road is closer to the sentiment and in my brain dead, post Easter entertaining state, it made more sense to have them close. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that washi tape with that fabulous sentiment. I love that you chose to frame it with a little black to make it pop. I especially love the second one! So glad you shared this with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)