Tuesday, June 10, 2014

SOS #155: Something Soft

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we ask you to use something soft. Some suggestions are: flock, felt, flower soft, satin, fabric, puffy tail on a bunny, etc. LOTS of options!

I really, really REALLY wanted to use flock, but I did that last week. Talk about bad timing. So I went with felt, since it meant I needed to go rummage in a box and find it, as it hasn't been unpacked yet. Say wha? I have a craft room annex, so I'm not tripping over the unpacked boxes. Also, it's getting close to August, when there will be a yard sale of all things unpacked. I'd best get moving on this or I'll have to sell ALL THE THINGS!

Now where was I? Oh, yeah, I used felt, and I made this:


I broke into all sorts of new Lawn Fawn goodies: the Science of Love stamp set and dies, and the Sunflower note cards. I might have bought all the note cards - such cheery colors!

I die-cut the clouds out of felt* I rescued from a packing box. Then I stamped, die-cut and colored the birds and stuck them on, leaving enough room at the bottom for a sentiment. the heart was also die-cut from felt. Last thing I did was add glossy accents to the glasses. So fun!

You know how I say I don't scrap because the canvas is too big, so I make cards instead? Well now I think I like these smaller note cards - even less to tackle! Pretty soon I'll be down to ATCs, or maybe inchies! But in the end I think I'd put all the small stuff on A2 card fronts so they can be more easily sent to OWH.

So, got some felt languishing in a closet? Got some flock buried in the back of a drawer? Got Flower Soft? Go get it out and USE IT. I think you should play along with us this week. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

*Felt. I don't like the felt sold in the craft stores. I think it's cheap and it frays. For cards I like higher quality felt, and I got most of mine from Heather Bailey's shop. I've also seen some Eco-Felt on Etsy (made out of recycled plastic bottles), and that's next if I ever use what I already have. See SABLE in the side bar under Secret Codes. ;/

Stuff I used: red and white felt, A Muse cloud dies, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. How frakkin' cute are those birds? Also, love felt as clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! FELT CLOUDS!!! why didn't *I* think of that?! well, i totally will now, missus! as usual, you are a genius!!

    ps: can i come to that garage sale? pleEEeEEeEeeASE??!?!?!??! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is too cute! I would also give my eye teeth to be at your garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yard sale road trip??? I am in!!
    Love those little birdies, the bright card base and of course the soft felty goodness of the clouds and heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute. I wish I was close enough to attend your yard sale - but then, I don't need another stinkin' thing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)