Friday, July 4, 2014

SOS BONUS Challenge with the Jingle Belles!!

Happy Independence Day to all my USofA readers! We have a little surprise for you over at Shopping Our Stash. Yeppers, here it is a Friday instead of a Tuesday, and that's because we have a special BONUS challenge with our pals over at Jingle Belles. Our dear Lauren, one of my first blog friends, is half of the Jingle Belles as well as a member of SOS, so this was a perfect collaboration!

For this combined challenge, we're to make a holiday/winter card using something from our stash that is at least one year old. In my world, this is not a problem.

This week my card is over on the Jingle Belles' site, and here's what I made:


Gosh, I love this stamp! I embossed the image, then colored it in. I left the cats white on purpose since coloring open areas isn't my thing. You'll notice the sky has "clouds". Uh-huh. Oh, and the stamp has 2000 stamped on the side, so yeah, it's pretty old.

I poked two holes into the card front and added a bow, which is something I haven't done in a very, very long time. Some of my old-time readers might remember when "put ribbon on it" was my answer for everything. That ribbon is SU taffeta that I bought in every color back when I was a Demo, which was three+ years ago. Same with the blue card stock. And the glitter pen I used for the cats' bows. Old.

So, what's the deal with this bonus challenge you might ask ... Well, if you make one card, you get to post it to two blogs, and both blogs are offering up prizes. The Belles have some goodies for their winner, and SOS is offering their winner a Guest DT spot for one month. For more details please see either the SOS blog or the Jingle Belles' blog.

I hope you'll play along!

Stuff I used: Let Us Ignore You from Rubber Cottage, SU Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon and card stock, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:




8 comments:

  1. yay! hooray! it's the JB/SOS crossover and i couldn't be more excited! all the cards are fab and this one is no exception. gosh, *I* love that stamp too... cuuuute, funny and SO TOTALLY TRUE! (ps ta for reminding me of another way to use ribbon that i used to do and also totally forgot! i predict a bunch of BOWS showing up on my next few cards!!!) thanks for coordinating this with us, missus, and honoring us with a BONUS sos post, we are thrilled! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp, too, and I think your card is perfect. Happy Independence Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent stamp! Love the card and how fun to have a joint challenge with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card II giggled at the sentiment an doh how true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cat stamp is hilarious!! That sentiment - that's every cat I have ever met!! Love it! Colouring is NOT my thing either, I avoid it at ALL costs LOL
    Loving the crossover challenge, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to hear that Christmas carol again without humming these words to myself instead....I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect Christmas card and so true too. Now I just need to add 2 more cats to it and it is true to life.... that's what I hoard now. Cats. Not as useful as washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)