Sunday, August 31, 2014

Altered Flowers

When I saw Lydia's video on stamp etching, I filed it away in the back of my grey matter for the next time I touched a flower stamp. I so rarely use flower stamps.

But today I used a flower stamp, because prompt #4 of the ICAD/DPP is Flowers, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to test out Lydia's technique. I did, and I liked it, so I took the next step and stamped my flower image on real card stock with the intent of making a card. I see how these prompts are pushing me to play, and I like it! :)

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


Obviously I'm still playing, and I didn't add the lines to both sides of the petals, but I like how the lines I did add changed the look of these flowers. 

I also colored, with three colors of red, even, and I blended them. I can work in small areas; it's the larger areas that give me grief.

Here's a close-up of the flowers:


You can also see where I colored outside the lines. Sigh. I added yellow in the flower centers and put some dots of black glaze pen.

About those pearls. I don't like them, but as I mounted the white panel to the blue card, I smudged a tiny spot of ink onto the white area. I scratched, I erased, but ... nothing. So I added a pearl, and you can't add just one pearl, so ... I have pearls. I may move them around some more - I'm not feeling the love.

Oh, look, it's stopped raining, and the sun is trying to come out. I think I'll go cut the grass so I'm not "that" neighbor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Memory Box pearls, and the following:




4 comments:

  1. It looks fab, add one more pearl to the flower's left lower side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!! i *LOOOOOOooOOooOOOoVE* this! that etching technique is SO FAB, and you've used it brilliantly here, it really DOES change the look of the stamp (not that it wasn't already cool, but ykwim) and make your card more unique! ps: i like the pearls, but then, you KNEW that, right?!??!?!?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)