Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thinking of You

I was futzing around in the craft room, and actually put away a few packs of random buttons that have recently come to live in there. That finished, I spied the current sketch from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File:


and my pea brain saw BUTTONS, so I took them back out and made this:


Obvious, I know. What I'm most proud of, though, is the sewing of these buttons through the vellum layer to hold the vellum to the card.  Unfortunately, this was my second attempt, because the first time, as I was admiring my stitching, I noticed a stray piece of vellum on my desk. ACK! I'd sewn the buttons to the card without the vellum layer! Just look at this:


I was ready to undo all the stitching and re-do it, but I thought nooooooo, just make another one. After all, it used up five more buttons from my stash. :)

Here they are side-by-each so you can see the difference:


It's veeeeery subtle, but I like it better with the vellum layer.

In other news, I get my second of eight CSA boxes this afternoon. I decided to sign up with Dorothy Lane Market for their food share program, as it would assure I acquire vegetables once per week, and I'd be forced to eat them knowing I had another box to pick up seven days later. So far, it's mostly working. Well, except for the kale. I don't like kale. I'd rather eat spinach, but there was kale last week and there's more coming this week. Ugh, and BEETS! Guess what I'll be giving to one lucky neighbor. ;/

Now I need to stamp. Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Miscellaneous buttons that were gifted to me and now they are gone, white crochet thread, SU Dimensionals, and the following:




7 comments:

  1. beets are good in salads. kale? not so much. my guinea pig likes kale! ;)
    I prefer the vellum card, very cute

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttons, I remember those. I haven't used them in ages and I like what you did with them - even without the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your posts, they always make me smile! I love the buttons and I agree with you, I like the one with vellum better, even though it only makes a slight difference. If I planned to use vellum and forgot, I'd always feel like something was missing (though your recipient would never know)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards turned out darling, but I too must vote for the vellum one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya the vellum is my favorite of the two as well. Beets...ugh...kale...ewwww.
    You do LIKE your neighbors don't you? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and fabulous use of the sketch! I also like the one with vellum best. It's funny that something as simple as a piece of vellum can make such a difference. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sketch File.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use those buttons! Thank you for using The Sketch File to make your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)