Thursday, September 18, 2014

Purr-fect Day

Today I bring you another card I made last weekend using stuff from my UFO pile:


I broke open my new Lawn Fawn Spooktacular stamps and dies. Say what? A Halloween set for someone who doesn't "do" Halloween? Yeppers! I broke my 50% rule and bought this set just for that cute cat. Can you really blame me?

I started by coloring the cat, then stared at it for a while. I went through my stack of printed challenges and found this one from Fusion:


I thought the kitty would be perfect for the star element in the sketch. I tried to ignore all the (gah) pink in the suggested photo, though I think it's really more of a rose red.

I needed a rectangular piece of paper, and wouldn't you know I had one, the right size, even, in my pile of left-over MAMBI pieces. I suppose I could call it "pink-ish" and milk the challenge, but I won't. heh

For the background, I chose another UFO water color panel. You'd think I'd be making a dent by now, but nooooo. I practice a lot and save most of them. I'm sure you'll see more of my weird background experiment pieces in the coming weeks and months.

Oh, about the sentiment: The "have a purr-fect" part is from the Spooktacular set; I cut off the "halloween" word. The word "day" is from a Winnie & Walter set. They have a ton of small words in their sets with the BIG words, which makes all the stamp mixing & matching pretty easy.

I should only have one more post blathering about the cards I made last weekend.  Thanks for hanging in with me while I share. :)

And thanks for stopping by!


Stuff I used: remnant of the still-not-all-gone MAMBI paper, piece of water color paper from the UFO pile that was made by spritzing water over a stencil, SU Naturals White card stock, and the following:




5 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a cat card. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute, LOVE it MUCH, awwwww LOVE, Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cat Leslie!!! Don't blame you at all ;)
    So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, now how SWEET is this?!!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one that bought a set just for the cute cat in it. Hey, but at least you used yours! What a fun card. I'd have a purr-fect day if I were with my cats. They'd make sure of it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)