Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Season's Greetings

Just because I was at a crafty retreat, surrounded by many talented crafters and a ton of yummy supplies, didn't necessarily mean my mojo was working. It tried, and I had a few moments, but I sat and stared at my desk a lot. More than one person thought I'd fallen asleep on several occasions. Nope, just thinking.

So I pulled up a few challenges to see if they could help jump-start my mojo, and I chose the current Retro Sketches sketch:



and made this:


It's kinda busy, but I love the papers (and they were still out), so all I really needed was the sentiment to cross the window. I borrowed the Simon Says Stamp Season's Greetings, then worked on assembly.

I cut the word dies out of a green paper from the Lawn Fawn Snowday pack, and a few more out of white, then glued them together. It blended too well into the background, so I cut them again out of black to give them shadows and some contrast. And no, I didn't go over the edges with a black marker, and I've decided to embrace that decision.

Also, the glaring white of the sentiment edges helps to pull out the subtle polka dots of the paper that I used. It was for another challenge, but that challenge was a CAS challenge to use polka dots, and, well, this card isn't even close to CAS. In fact, it's in another county entirely.

Okay then, I'm done posting for today. I'll share the rest of the cards over the next few days and hopefully be crafting in my craft room very soon! The store just called to confirm my appointment for tomorrow morning to install my cabinets. I might be a bit excited about that.

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the black and white behind the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white stack give it a bit of "light shine" that makes the black shadow pop more. I love this card, its fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. I'm not usually a fan of the shadow look (I think it looks like you are drunk and can't focus) but it really works here like it should. I like the use of music paper with holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)