Thursday, November 20, 2014

Celebrate Foursome

The other day I mentioned being enabled by Amy Kolling to need to shop at Frantic Stamper to get some of their exclusive dies. One of the dies I needed was the one Amy used in her post, and I finally used it the other day.

I cut the die out of four different papers, so I made four cards. Here's the first one:


I felt compelled to use the outline of the die in addition to all the innards, and therein lies the source of my challenges. I should have just put it onto the card front without using foam tape. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this die, and what you can do with the swirly parts. I opted to cut the die out of three pieces of (what I think are) Bazzil Basics Shimmer paper, if that's the right name. They are shiny and not labeled.

The white is plain Neenah Solar, and I should have used a linen texture for the white, but I didn't think of that until it was too late. NEXT TIME it will be textured.

Here's another one:


I cut a piece of card stock slightly smaller than the die's border edge, and covered it with adhesive, then stuck the outline to the piece of card stock. This gave it a backing. I found I needed to use one of the negatives of the die-cuts to keep the frame square. Once I had that right, all the other pieces fell nicely into place.

Here's another one:


I kept the top and bottom inside pieces the same color as the frame, then used the other three colors as the swirly pieces. I put foam tape behind all four of the finished panels, and put them on white card bases.

Here's the white-on-white version:


The sentiment die was cut 16 times (yes, 16), so they could be stacked four high on each card. I LOVE that font. I might have to stalk Fran for other dies that use that font. I think it's just perfect.

I die-cut some stars from the same die set out of pieces of the colored card stock I'd used, and put them onto each panel. I thought it still needed something, so I added some star sequins to all of them, too.

I think the only thing I'd change next time is to put the die-cut pieces directly onto the card front, and I'd use textured white card stock to match the colored ones. Other than that, I'm quite happy with how these came out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Frantic Stamper Stars & Stripes Photo Card dies (set of 6), misc Bazzill textured shimmery card stock, misc silver stars sequins, and SU Basic Black card stock.

3 comments:

  1. I love these cards. That set is on my wish list, too. I love what you've done with it and Amy's card is what made me go have a look at the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful combinations of colors, its fun seeing all the variations as a whole cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these were actually the cards you sent me a note about, Leslie, and I absolutely adore each one! Fabulous die (thanks for enabling that!) that makes the eyes dance across the card and I love the colors!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)