Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Love You

Here's another card I made this past Sunday for a couple of challenges:


Yeah, it looks pink, and the paper name is Pink, but in real life, and in the right light, it looks more salmon or coral. I say this because I wanted to play the no-longer-current ColourQ challenge:


I was looking through my pal's vast collection of 6x6 papers, looking for something that would work here, and I had A Moment. I spied a partial pack of PTI Pink Patterns papers I'd gifted to her last year. I found it a bit ironic that I was using my own paper for this challenge. Well, it's really hers now, but ... you know.

I also used the current Fusion challenge for both the sketch and the idea to use hearts for the sketch's circle element:


Now, about those hearts:


I die-cut the Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts twice out of white card stock, and thankfully most of the heart parts-is-parts stayed in place. I cut it again out of two papers from the (gah) pink pack.  I wanted to emphasize the "whole" hearts in the shape, so I took the hearts out of the second white die-cut and the patterned papers, and stacked them onto the larger die cut. I sure hope that made sense.

I used pieces of the same papers for the banners at the bottom, sacrificed another piece for a layer, and put it all onto a white card base.

To get closer to the color challenge, I stamped the sentiment in Memento London Fog.

I was definitely in fussy mode that day. Even though this is terribly close to pink, I do like how it turned out.

I have a couple more cards I made on Sunday. I'll share them over the next day or so.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs
Inks: Memento London Fog
Dies: Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts
Paper: PTI Pink Patterns, Neenah Solar White
Tools: 1/8" Corner Chomper


6 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card. I always love the exchange of papers/card stock in a die piece. Very unique looking. Your little banners are so darn cute. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card really took my eye the minute I saw it. Everything about it is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm calling this pink card PINK. But I have made a mistake before. Once. Nifty card design. And such a hoot that you ended up using your own paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)