Friday, February 20, 2015

Thinking of You

Today is release day for the Hop To It Simon Says Stamp release. I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek stamp set to play with, and I made this:


I did a lot of masking to get this look, but once I fussy-cut the masks, I just moved them around until I'd filled in the top left corner of my white panel.

I then broke out my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and tried blending. I still need practice, but I can see how easy it could be.

I cut the white panel down to 4"x4" and mounted it onto a 4 1/4" square base cut from some Hero Arts Blush layering paper. I think Blush is my favorite red card stock of all time.

I stamped a sentiment from the set (a little crooked ... hey, it's what I do) and added dots with my black glaze pen to the flower centers.

There are lots of great new stamps and dies in this release, so make sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Gamsol (I link to a starter kit below), and the following:



7 comments:

  1. Very pretty.I like the bright colors and you did a good job with the colored pencils. I try them now and then, but am never happy with the results, even with the Gamsol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yes you are lucky - how fun to get the new stamps early! Your card is beautiful! Wonderful masking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pretty bright blooms! Yay that you got to play early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I just ordered that set. Of course, that wasn't all I ordered. No self control - sigh. Your coloring looks great to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, I think I have designer paper that looks a lot like this. I likey!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)