Thursday, June 4, 2015

CSSC #5

Hi there, and welcome! My June sketch was delayed a few days because I'm coordinating with the current Little Tangles challenge. Whee!

What does that mean for you?  Well, here on my own blog it's the usual sketch challenge, and there are no special requirements that you use any particular product. But I'm also guesting this month on the Little Tangles challenge blog with my sketch, so you'll get to enter on both blogs. Cool, huh?

The Little Tangles challenge blog doesn't require you to use a Neat & Tangled image to win, but it's strongly encouraged. If you don't have any Neat & Tangled stamps, why not try one of their free digital images?

The wonderful gals at Neat & Tangled have offered up a free stamp set plus some sequins for this month's winner. Yay for free stampy stuff!

Here is this month's sketch:



which was based on this card I made for (surprise) a Little Tangles challenge:



Here is another card I made based on the sketch:


As you know, I like mixing things up, so just because I put circles on the sketch doesn't mean you need to use circles on your card ... any shape will do.

I had made a water colored panel that didn't work quite right, but I cut off a strip of it to use for the vertical element. I love when I can use part of a UFO. I then decided to use the Neat & Tangled Sparkle & Shine stamp set, and used the light bulb as one of the circles. I colored it with Copics, then covered it with clear Wink of Stella.

The stars were stamped in black and fussy cut. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Luxe black and clear-embossed.

Here is some detail of the embossing:


You can barely make out some white-embossed stars stamped to the right of the sentiment. It was white space, and I was itchy.

Oh, and this totally follows the sketch:



If you haven't already done so, please check out the rules here. As I mentioned above, this month's winner will get a Neat & Tangled stamp set plus some sequins. And don't forget to check out the current Little Tangles challenge, and link up over there, too!

My link-up will be open until Sunday, June 21st, at 11:55 pm EDT.

Enter soon! Enter often up to three times! And remember to have fun!





Stuff I used: vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this one! I hope to be back to play along! Love Neat & Tangled! Congrats on being a guest designer - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, worth waiting for and shortening the entry time. ;) I missed your original card, so just have to stop and say it's beautiful! And while there is nothing wrong with white space, I do like the subtle white stars as counterpoint to the black ones. A very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great variations on the sketch, and I just love the embossing behind the butterflies on #1! Congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Congrats on the guest gig - they are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice going on the guest D. Will have to check out their freebies. Your sketch is fab and I love the lightbulb card....in awe...I am far to literal with the sketch challenges. Okay, its on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both such fabulous cards, Leslie ... I'm especially taken with those lovely butterflies ... light, airy and gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good sketch! Love your idea/sample cards. I really like the light bulb one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter how I tried the link-up won't show the whole card, guess because it it a very long card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just sliding in at the very end with a loose (quel suprise, lol!) version of this awesome sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Argh! I should have double-checked the fine print! Missed that you not only started later than usual (don't worry, I'll eventually stop reminding you), but you ended before N&T as well! My bad. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)