Saturday, November 14, 2015

Christmas Mode, Part Second

This is my second post to share what I made during today's crafting extravaganza. The lovely ladies at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers have a new challenge up:


We are to make a music-inspired project. I immediately knew which stamps I'd use. You see, I've spent an inordinate amount of time in my Holiday Stuff drawer lately, becoming reacquainted with my holiday stash. While looking for something else, I ran across the images I used here:


Both stamps are from The Cat's Pajamas, and I've had them forever. They are both wood-mounted stamps, but I used a trick Jennifer McGuire showed us in today's video to just pull the rubber off the block, and I used my MISTI to stamp the image multiple times. I wanted it good and black.

The card layout was CASEd from the cards in this post. Sometime I forget how simple it is to just use two papers together.

The sentiment usually gives me fits. It's very cool. but impossible to put on a banner or to layer. I have always manually cut it out, and this time I notched the ends.

The papers are from a pack that jumped into my shopping basket when I saw they have foil on some of the pieces. The paper I used at the top of the cards is one of them:


After I finished the cards (I made two), I remembered I had originally stamped the dogs onto white card stock and cut them out with a stitched rectangle die. They were too white to use with the first set of papers. I didn't want to toss them, so I made two more cards, same design, just different papers:


I like these colors better, but I wish I'd cut them as circles now. Also, in hindsight, the papers should have been switched (top-to-bottom) so there would be more contrast for the sentiment. To attempt to compensate, I stamped it with Memento Luxe Love Letter and clear-embossed it. I think it's fine.

So, four more cards for my collection. And two more forgotten stamps used! Thanks to the gals at Snarky Stampers for the opportunity to dig around in my Holiday Stuff drawer and play!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: The Cat''s Pajamas dogs (Singing Pooches) and sentiment (FaLaLa), MME Market Street 6x6 paper pack, Hero Arts Pine layering papers, Lil Inker Designs Stitched Circles, Lifestyle Crafts circles (see my prev post where I expound on my love of these dies), MISTI (to over-stamp the dogs), Lawn Fawn Peace Love Joy 6x6 papers, Memento Luxe Love Letter ink, vat of clear embossing powder.

6 comments:

  1. The Snarky Sisters, always here to help. Or something. Something in my brain always has trouble seeing the dogs in this stamp at first glance, but I have always liked it. I especially like how you've used it for these cards! And kudos to you hand-cutting that sentiment — for both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! This is my go-to sketch when I don't know what to do. You rocked it with the wavy fa la la la la sentiment and those papers…I think I have those papers somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time seeing the pooches at first too so it really helped that you included it in the description. I do like the first paper combo; shiny gold snowflakes? Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love that imagine and perfect for the Snarky challenge. Since it is the Snarky challenge I rather image them singing in a really horrible off-key, out of tune with each other way. All in good fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK I love those singing pooches!!! Reminds me so very much of our new pup...awesome howler that he is UGH
    Thanks for coming back to the sisterhood for Y is for Yodelayeeeehooooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! You hand cut the sentiment banner. Twice?!! I bow down to your fussy cutting expertise. Your cards are all kinds of fabulous. And now I want to case your cases. It may happen. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)