Thursday, November 19, 2015

More Shopping Justification

I placed a small order (3 dies) with Reverse Confetti, and needed to justify it, so yesterday I sat myself down in the craft room and made three of these:


Sorry about the horrible photo. My photographer really needs to get with the program.

One of the dies I got was the Wreaths set of two. I've been smitten by cards I've seen with the larger die, but once again, I failed to read the details before I purchased it. That bugger is BIG! Like fill-a-card big. I was bummed until I saw the smaller die nested inside it, and I was once more all smiley.

I immediately thought of my neglected Poppystamps Grand Madison Door, and the smaller wreath was a perfect fit.

I cut nine of the smaller wreath from some remnants of what I think is SU Wild Wasabi textured card stock. I was pleased the innards of the leaves stayed put so I didn't need to go find them. I was going for a more solid look.

I glued three of the wreaths together times three, then retrieved some very old ribbon from my stash, tied the bows, and glued them on to each of the three wreaths.

Here's a close-up that is somewhat in focus:



I cut the doors out and stuck them to some Hero Arts green card bases, then added the wreaths. I was pleased the greens matched. I then stamped the sentiment (stamp handwriting by my pal Heather) in Delicata Gold and clear-embossed it. I think it needs gold embossing to stand out more. Next time.

I rummaged through my collection of bling and found the gold for the door-knobs, and a pack of A Muse creative candy for the gems on the wreaths.

I'll add these to my pile of Christmas cards. If I keep this up, I might not need to come up with "a design" to make sure I have enough. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: There is an awesome card on the Reverse Confetti site using the larger die that I'll be CASEing later today. :D

Some of the stuff I used: Wreaths Confetti Cuts from Reverse Confetti, Grand Madison Door from Poppystamps, vat of clear embossing powder, SU DSP remnant (maybe Wild Wasabi), old ribbon, mystery gold metal stickers, A Muse creative candy bling, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Justification totally accepted! lol This wreath really is cute, I agree! I can't wait to see the big one next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wreaths and this one is no exception. I love that you placed it on a door. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad on your behalf that the inner leaves played nicely, as they would have been a pain to re-inset. Or at least more of a pain than having them stay put. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)