Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Packs O'Cards

The other day I got in a groove and made 24 Thank You cards. Don't be too impressed. I'll explain.

I decided to make boxes of Thank You cards to give to a few neighbors. I started by making two cards using the Faux Textured Metal Paper technique I employed here. which I learned from Jennifer McGuire's post.

Basically you mask a piece of card stock (to get the rounded corners, I used a mask I made by die-cutting a piece of acetate), color the background with Distress inks, dust the ink with Perfect Pearl powder, and eventually emboss the piece with an embossing folder.

I only made two, because you have to apply the Perfect Pearl powder to the Distress ink before it dries. Once I added the powder, I made two more. I figured I'd emboss them all later.

Here are the two cards I made with this technique (I made two of each):


They are so pretty! After I'd made four, though, I realized making 20 more of them was probably insanity, and went to Plan B.

I have a stack of Gelli plate prints I'd planned to use eventually as backgrounds or for die-cutting, so I used the rectangle die I'd used to make my mask, cut 20 pieces from my Gelli panels, and made them into cards. Here are the different designs/colors:


I have two of each of these. I also used up a bunch of my gifted-to-me Hero Arts folded note cards that I've had for over a year.

I ended up with an odd number of cards, so I grabbed another Gelli panel and made one more. The reason I mention this is I made that last card without the white layer:


After I made that card, I started not liking all the white layers, but the thought of undoing all those cards made me a bit light-headed, so I just filed it away in my brain for next time. Oh, and the card on the left is a two-fer. I experimented with embossing a panel with a Gelli plate layer. It's certainly easier than coloring with Distress ink.

I die-cut the thanks for the embossed cards, and I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment on the rest of the cards. I did over-stamp most of them to get the sentiment good and dark.

Now I have four boxes of cards to give as gifts. Yay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Gelli plate panels, Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Bascis A, Taylored Expressions thanks die (I think I got it at Stampaway when I shopped in her booth), lots of Hero Arts note cards, my MISTI, SU black card stock, Versafine black ink, various Distress inks, Hero Arts Thanks A Bunch stamp set.

3 comments:

  1. holy mackeral! 24!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all different! and all ♥GORGEOUS♥!!! i'm in awe! (oh and for the record i *LOVE* the white layer, no offense to #24 who is also very handsome... but that pop of white is really fabulous & somehow makes the brights brighter?! (not sure why but i love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white layer, too. As Lauren said, just seems to make the backgrounds pop a bit more. This was one productive session of crafting! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Leslie, I like them both ways, I think it depends on the main color of the center piece. I have to say your last embossed piece is beyond gorgeous. I just love the way the colors came together and the embossing. Super.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)