Sunday, November 1, 2015

Share Handmade Kindness

I've been using some Hero Arts stamps the past few weeks that weren't released yet. They are part of a project initiated by Jennifer McGuire to encourage us to ... share handmade kindness. Please make sure to stop by her blog at http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/. You can also check out http://sharehandmadekindness.com/. Make sure to watch her videos to see her message. Her blog post explains the month-long challenge, which starts Monday, November 2nd.

Also, the stamps I've been using are for sale starting today at Simon Say Stamp and Ellen Hutson (linked below).

I've made another card today using one of the new stamps:


This sentiment is so perfect.

The layout is based on a card at Stamplorations for their CASEsplorations challenge.


I chose to CASE Deepti's card:


Here's my card again since I've added so much stuff ...


I first masked the flowers. This is when you wished the stamps came with dies; I fussy-cut that baby, yes, I did.

Once the flower mask was in place, I stamped a background stamp in Simon Says Stamp Fog ink onto a white background. The background stamp is an old old old SU stamp. The words are from an old Irish blessing. My brain breaks into song whenever I read the words. Here is the song of which I speak (by Barrage):



I just love that piece of music.

ANYway, Once I stamped the background, I removed the mask, stamped the image in the space left behind, colored it with Prismacolor pencils, then blended with a Dove blender pen. In hindsight, I could have stamped the image before I masked it. Whatever.

Did you notice ... this is a one-layer card! As such, it qualifies for the current Just Us Girls challenge to make a one-layer card:


So rare in my world.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: SU background stamp, and the following:



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I love your scripted background too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out beautifully! Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One layer cards are rare in my world too, despite my CAS tendencies. This is rather perfect! Love the background, the flowers and the sentiment. (Sending a snarky card could still be kind, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have achieved such a great outcome with your one layer card. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us atJust Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your CASE! Love the colors and script background- thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and awesome fussy cutting job. I'm going to tell my hubby that fussy cutting is NOT dead (it is just lying bleeding in the alley). I really like that greeting. Sometimes you need a card that says something like THIS. (I'm thinking people who are ill who aren't going to get well, or who are going thru a difficult time that isn't a sympathy thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the subtle background behind the beautiful flower! Thanks for joining the team and I over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay fussy cutting? You rocked it so good! Love this one layer card everything is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As one layered cards go, this one is brilliant. Love the background script behind that flower. Oh, and thanks for that video. Loved the song! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty OLC and a great CASE. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations this month.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)